There has already been much commentary elsewhere. But there are a few things to point out:
- It is pretty clear to me that this was coordinated and/or orchestrated at a much higher level than the Manhattan DA’s office. We need to remember FDR’s quote that nothing in politics happens by accident, and that you can bet it was planned. The three potential indictments of Trump previously floated– for election-related issues in Georgia, for the classified documents, and for the Stormy Daniels payoff– have been percolating for a while, and it was clear Trump’s opponents at very high levels wanted this to happen.
- We do not need to assert that Trump is perfect or that he is the equivalent of a deity. He is not. That does not mean that the socialists’ actions are justified.
- The socialists hit hard. They play to win. They lust power; and will do anything to acquire it and to keep it. The only way for their opposition to remain viable is to hit back hard– and to hit back repeatedly. The realization needs to be that this is a battle between good and evil. Witnessing the events of the last several years elucidates the path of destruction the forces of evil are leaving in their wake. Accordingly, many feel we are witnessing America’s demise. The socialists’ opponents genuinely need to advocate for what is good; and they need to discontinue the practice of exclusively playing defense. It is very difficult to win when you only play defense.
- Many are focusing on Alvin Bragg– the black Manhattan DA. But an interesting story at Zero Hedge relates that the real driving force in that office behind the prosecution is a female attorney named Meg Reiss. And– surprise, surprise– it turns out that the Reiss surname is Jewish. That is a reminder that much of the anti-Trump vitriol and opposition has originated within the nation’s progressive/socialist Jewish community. They deeply resent his opposition to open borders and globalism– even though he was not able to produce permanent changes during his term as president.
- And finally, Andrew Torba reminds us that we need to learn once again to hate evil, and begin waging spiritual warfare against it. He gives the scriptural basis for taking this position. Whether or not we like it, spiritual warfare is being waged against us.