Elon Musk has recently revealed that he will have more releases that focus on the corrupt legacy media. Much of what he has released thus far has focused on attempts by the executive branch of the federal government to interfere with free speech.
The governmental employees who did this brazenly violated the law. After all, the Constitution is our highest law. I think Republican state attorneys general ought to be prosecuting them, both on a criminal and civil basis, to the maximum extent of the law.
A good summary article by Kristan Harris provides a list of ten revelations that have come from Musk’s Twitter releases. Check out the article for details:
1. Elon Musk Claimed Almost All Conspiracies Surrounding Twitter’s Censorship and Government Relationships Were True.
2. The FBI Paid Twitter So the Social Media Giant Could Process All of Their Requests.
3. So Many Ex-FBI Employees Work at Twitter They Created a Secret Slack Channel to Onboard Additional Former Feds.
4. Twitter Leadership Quested to Sanitize Twitter Accounts Aggregating “True but Inconvenient” Data About the COVID-19 Vaccines, Even Information Directly from the CDC.
5. Twitter Quietly Aided the Pentagon’s Covert Online PsyOp Campaign.
6. Twitter Execs Were Pressured to Locate Information About Russian Misinformation Campaigns But Couldn’t Provide Any Evidence to Such Assertions.
7. Twitter Interfered in the 2020 Election by Censoring the Hunter Biden laptop Story.
8. The Government is not in Contact just with Twitter, but Every Major Social Media Platform.
9. The Government is Creating and Using Deep Fake Images and Virtual Influencers to Spread its Propaganda.
10. Twitter Trust And Safety Team Found Trump Tweets Did Not Violate Policy, Deleted Account Anyway.
It should be noted that the mainstream media, for the most part, has refused to cover this story. That means it is very important that American citizens learn what our government has been doing by other means. Our slide toward totalitarianism is undeniable.
2 thoughts on “Twitter Revelations Regarding Government Attempts to Stifle Free Speech– Thus Far”
George Washington University Law School Professor Jonathan Turley comments on the drivel released by the FBI last week in response to the Twitter Files:
“It is not clear what is more chilling — the menacing role played by the FBI in Twitter’s censorship program, or its mendacious response to the disclosure of that role. The FBI has issued a series of “nothing-to-see-here” statements regarding the Twitter Files.
In its latest statement, the FBI insists it did not command Twitter to take any specific action when flagging accounts to be censored. Of course, it didn’t have to threaten the company — because we now have an effective state media by consent rather than coercion. Moreover, an FBI warning tends to concentrate the minds of most people without the need for a specific threat.
Finally, the files show that the FBI paid Twitter millions as part of this censorship system — a windfall favorably reported to Baker before he was fired from Twitter by Musk.
Responding to the disclosures and criticism, an FBI spokesperson declared: “The men and women of the FBI work every day to protect the American public. It is unfortunate that conspiracy theorists and others are feeding the American public misinformation with the sole purpose of attempting to discredit the agency.”
Arguably, “working every day to protect the American public” need not include censoring the public to protect it from errant or misleading ideas….
* * * * *
After Watergate, there was bipartisan support for reforming the FBI and intelligence agencies. Today, that cacophony of voices has been replaced by crickets, as much of the media imposes another effective blackout on coverage of the Twitter Files. This media silence suggests that the FBI found the “sweet spot” on censorship, supporting the views of the political and media establishment.
As for the rest of us, the FBI now declares us to be part of a disinformation danger which it is committed to stamping out — “conspiracy theorists” misleading the public simply by criticizing the bureau.”
Fred, Turley has emerged as one of the heroes over the last couple of years. This needs to be dealt with– harshly– and it appears the Republicans in Washington are ill-equipped to do anything substantial. The action needs to be at the state level to hold these scoundrels accountable.
Comments are closed.