The worms in Washington passed a budget bill this week that increases spending 13 percent in one year. It is now being projected that we are going to have a trillion dollar deficit, which beckons back to the early Obama years-- and this time, there is no Great Recession.
Trump's infrastructure proposal is not yet even part of the mix. He is unfortunately part of the problem on spending.
Consider what the latest budget bill includes:
- 10 year continuation of the socialist Children's Health Insurance Program, which is blatantly unconstitutional;
- Tax subsidies for Hollywood and the media, thus demonstrating the Republicans' compulsion to help those who systematically try to hurt them;
- Hospital bailouts and disaster relief, neither of which is constitutional;
- Farm subsidies, which are not constitutional;
- Tax subsidies for various type of clean energy initiatives and various other favored industries, none of which are constitutional;
- Continued funding of a controversial visa program that allows foreigners to purchase American citizenship;
- Funded community health centers, which is unconstitutional;
- Yet another increase in the debt ceiling; and
- Subsidies for college for certain occupations which is unconstitutional.
In addition, the monies allotted do not include anything for Trump's border wall. Essentially nada, in spite of all the spending.
It also contained no budget reconciliation instructions for Obamacare repeal.
"When the Democrats are in power, Republicans appear to be the conservative party,” Paul said. “But when Republicans are in power, it seems there is no conservative party. The hypocrisy hangs in the air and chokes anyone with a sense of decency or intellectual honesty.”
Thom Tillis openly did everything he could to make Rand Paul appear completely unreasonable. Tillis is perhaps the biggest mistake that North Carolina Republicans ever sent to Washington.
This was essentially a democratic socialist bill, even though the Republicans control Washington. Yes, they got their military spending. But there was nothing of value for cultural/social conservatives or limited government, constitutional conservatives. That tends to be the pattern with the Republicans in Washington. It is functionally a progressive national party.
Deficits don't matter. The national debt doesn't matter. This is the type of economics that partisan hack Paul Krugman used to preach; and that Republicans now implement.
Once again, the Republicans are providing a very strong argument for the rise of the Constitution Party. It is a party based in large part upon limited government principles consistent with the Constitution as originally written.
The Constitution Party of North Carolina is currently engaged in an effort to secure ballot access in North Carolina. This requires accumulating approximately 12,000 petition signatures. If you would like to volunteer or donate to this effort, click here. If you would like to join the party, click here.